Friday, June 13, 2014

Final Watercolor Landscape


Purpose:


To use and demonstrate what you learned from the watercolor exercises you did in class to create your own landscape painting.

In this painting I used the technique involving tissues for the leafs of the palm trees, the salt technique for some rocks, tip only for the ocean, and gradation for the sky. The slat technique did not work as well as I would have liked because the color I did it on did not stand out much. The rest of the techniques worked as I wanted them to. The most important concepts I learned from the watercolor unit would have to be planning out the painting ahead of time, and layering the paint. These were very important in order to make no mistakes in the painting, because once a color is put down it cannot be painted over or fully removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment