Thursday, April 3, 2014

Still-life Studies




Purpose: 
To use strong compositional skills to depict a fruit or vegetable 
To use knowledge of color and a variety of brush strokes to paint a still-life

The first thing that comes to mind when I think of what I remember from the last paintings is to make sure that I spend my time trying to get the right colors. Also, another helpful tip for myself is to do the background first so that way I don't have to worry about overlapping an important part of a fruit. Lastly, I want to remember to make sure that my highlights are not too bright and stand out less.

One thing that worked well for me was putting at least two layers on the canvas. This is because without the second layer there are many spots where white peeks out, and the brush marks are prominent in a bad way (in my opinion). Also, using a complementary color scheme worked out very well for me, I found that using the opposite color for blending usually created the color I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment