Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Realistic self-portrait





First, my mouth was too close to my nose, and so I brought it down closer to my chin. Also, with my mouth one adjustment I was told to make was to make it narrower at the ends of it. Next, I had to bring down my hair line, and add more shape to the front of my hair too. Other than these three details, I only made very minor changes such as the shade of some areas and making sure everything looked right.

The first thing I learned is to take frequent looks farther away from the drawing so that I can see if I notice anything that I otherwise wouldn't see up close. Also I learned to focus more on the symmetry of my portrait, because I noticed in my other portrait my eyes were not very symmetrical. Next I noticed that I could improve on how I drew the mouth. I did this by adding shade to one side, and added more white to it overall, also I made the ends of my mouth thinner unlike in the first drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment